“After being bullied, a skateboarder loses his joy for skating. The joy takes on a life of its own and tries everything to win him back.”
For this short film, I had the opportunity to collaborate with the VFX and animation department of Vancouver Film School. I was asked by a student to write a story for his animated character. The result is this fun short film you see right here, and I learned a lot about the VFX and animation work from this project.
All actors and crew members were Vancouver Film School students. “Let’s play” ended up being nominated for the VFS Impact Award.
- Presented by Vancouver Film School
- Production Oliver Milne & Julia R. Waldner
- Written by Julia R. Waldner
- DOP Oliver Milne
- Composting & VFX Supervisor Diego Piccinato
- Character Design Juan Cisneros
- Animation Takashi Nagata
- Year 2010
Nominated for the VFS Impact Award